Saturday, August 04, 2007

On Turning 34

This past Thursday, August 2nd, was my 34th birthday. I had a great birthday. My beautiful and caring wife, Roxanne, took me to eat at Chili's restaurant in Dalton, Georgia and then we went shopping at the mall and finished the evening with a movie.

When I turned 30, I made a short list of things I wanted to do in my thirties. I keep the list in my Bible as a reminder when I study in my Bible. The things on my list are not profound, but they are important. In my thirties I want to spend more time with God, spend more time with my family, save more money, and take better care of myself than I did in my twenties. So far, I have achieved most of my goals and am working on those that I haven't yet attained.

One goal I am doing better with is taking better care of myself. Over the last month, I've started a three day a week exercise routine at Fitness First of Calhoun. For thirty minutes, I do cardio exercise and for thirty more minutes I lift weights which was a passion of mine in High School. I've already lost five pounds, and I feel so much better. This year, I'm planning on feeling better at 34 than I did at 31.

In all of life, I believe balance is the key. I struggle with spreading my attention and efforts in a balanced manner. My prayer is that I will spend as much time with God (if not more) as I do getting into better physical shape.

Whatever age you may be, it is never too late to refocus your life and put God first in everything.

God's Blessings To You,
Brian

No comments: