Saturday, April 14, 2007

God's Way

To my loyal readers (all two of you), I want to apologize that I haven't written since Holy Week. I essentially took a break after Easter Sunday from my writing and preparing this blog.

Right now at Calhoun First UMC, we are talking about the future. These discussions in our Administrative Council and other committees have been going on for the past two years. We are trying to decide the best course of action for our future concerning our buildings. We are somewhat landlocked with only a couple of acres and very little parking, but we have good facilities where we are. So what is a congregation to do? Do we buy property elsewhere? Do we build where we are and pray for more parking? Do we do both?

Lately, my prayer is that whatever we do, we will do it "God's Way" and not according to human wisdom and business strategy. I think we Christians often do things our way because it is logical and makes sense instead of seeking God's Way which often times isn't the most efficient or logical. We do this in our personal lives as well as in the church.

Pray with me today that we would seek God's Way...whatever that may be in our various situations. Pray that God would give us the wisdom to recognize God's Way over our own.

No comments: